Summer School Course Application
infoImportant Registration Information (click to read)
When am I registering for?
- You are registering for Summer Semester only.
When am I registering for?
- Summer School which runs Monday to Friday from July 2nd to July 29th 2021.
What if a course is waitlisted?
- If a course is full, you can click the "Add to Waitlist" button beside the course to be added to the course waitlist. You will not be placed in the course unless space becomes available.
How do I know my application has been submitted?
- All applicants will receive email confirmation when the application has been submitted, please check your junk mail folder if you do not receive this email.
When is my application complete?
- Applications will not be considered complete until all supporting documents requested have been submitted.
I am planning a holiday for a week in July and will not have computer access. Can I still take the course?
- No. Although the courses are online, they are not self-paced. Teachers set deadlines which must be met. Online courses may require group work and participation in class discussions. Students must log in daily.
How much time will it take to complete the course?
- You need to plan to spend approximately four to five hours a day in order to complete full credit courses and two to two and a half hours a day for half credit courses. The amount of time it will take to complete the course will vary from student to student.
Are there any live classes on July 2nd?
- Login credentials will be emailed to you on July 2nd. When you receive this you are required to login and review the student guide to ensure you know the VLC policies. There will be no live classes on July 2nd.
Is there a final examination in this course?
- Yes. Students must complete the final examination on the day and at the time set by the teacher. The writing of exams must be proctored using Proctorio. More information is provided in the student guide. Students must be available for the final exam date. Exam date: July 29th, 2021 (no exceptions).
Can I take more than one course?
- No. Given the compressed time period, students can only take one credit during the summer session. Civics and Careers are half credit courses so students can take both.
How will I know when assignments are due?
- Your teacher will post a course overview which specifies exactly when the assignments for each module are due. Your teacher will also post messages throughout the course.
What if I need help?
- You can email your teacher for help with your course. Open office sessions will be provided weekly. You will also be able to access technical support online. More information is provided in the Student Orientation which you will be able to access from our website when you have a login and password.
I have never taken an online course before. What is it like?
- Visit our website and take the tour (www.virtuallearning.ca). This will provide you general information about taking an online course. The student guide will provide you with details on how the courses work, for example how to submit assignments and get technical support.
What if my computer breaks down during the course?
- Students are responsible for their computer and connectivity. You will need to make alternative arrangements until your computer is running again.
Are there fees?
- No. The deposit will be waived for the 2021 summer school session.
Will there be a reduced course load due to the pandemic?
- The course work will not be reduced.
- Search below for the courses you would like to apply for and click the "Add To Summer Semester" button beside the course you wish to request.
- You must "Confirm" every course that has a prerequisite. A transcript or other documentation confirming the prerequisite is required if not taken through VLC.
- Click the "Continue Step 2" button under the "Ready to Proceed" section.
|Course Code||Course Name||Grade||Add to Registration|
|GLC2O-SS||Career Studies, Open (1/2 credit) - Summer (Description)||10|
|CHV2O-SS||Civics, Open (1/2 credit) - Summer (Description)||10|